Sunday 23 August 2015

Art Review : Handcrafted Luxury by Disha Seth

21 August 2015

Last Thursday I visited the Graduate Diploma Art and Design course final show, I was impressed by the glass work named " Handcrafted Luxury" by Disha Seth.


There is a one glass bottle displays in the dark room that use only one light to illuminate. At the first time that I saw this work, I thought the work's shape was a ladybug but it doesn't. Disha said that her inspiration was from the tear drop and use the movement of water flow to create a form, the colours were also inspired from fluidity of water which were blue and white. Moreover, she said that she had taken 4-5 months for this work that include lots of experiments before she done the final work. Disha's final work is a perfume bottle which use the Art Nouveau style to design.

 "Handcrafted Luxury", Disha (2015)



Furthermore, Disha tried to make her work become more luxury by using a dark background with one light, which she said that it looked like the entering of exquisite showroom. Personally, I think her aims is successful because when I had walked in her space, I felt like I was in ' What is Luxury? Exhibition' at the V&A museum, whether it be the artwork or atmosphere. Moreover, I really like the shape and colour that can express how the movement of tear drop in her imagination looked like. So I think she succeeded to create the the luxury perfume bottle. Hope to see her around when the main course start!!! :)  








No comments:

Post a Comment